District #3 One-Room Schoolhouse at L. H. Moore Park in Pipestone, MN (Located on North Hiawatha Avenue) will be open to the public on Thursdays through the summer (Mid-June through August) from 1pm to 3 pm. Stop by and say hello! Long Time Pipestone Teacher Diane Hansen will be present to share information about the oldest country school in the county. Children need to be accompanied by an adult.
District #3, also known as the Farmer School, was originally located four and a half miles west of Pipestone near Highway 30. It was built around 1880 and closed its doors in the 1960s. It was moved to the Pipestone County Fairgrounds and in 1984 to its current location at Moore Park in Pipestone. It is maintained by the Pipestone County Historical Society. The schoolhouse is also open for special events and by appointment. Donations are appreciated and will be put toward the continuing upkeep of the historic schoolhouse.